Avenue H makes insurance easy and affordable
Avenue H was Utah's small business health insurance solution since 2010. Are goal was to help small business with at least 1-50 full-time equivalent employees control costs while offering expanded coverage to their employees.
Brokers have played a key role in helping small businesses register with Avenue H and have been instrumental in assisting employees with plan selection and ongoing administration.
In 2018: Avenue H will remain open to support exisiting customers. Beginning January 1, 2018, Avenue H is no longer available to new groups. All exisiting 2017 group contracts will remain in effect for 12 months, expiring at renewal.
To qualify for Small Group coverage, groups must meet the following criteria:
- You must have between 1-50 full-time equivalent employees
- An eligible employee is someone who works 30+ hours per week
- At least 50% of enrolling employees must live in Utah
- At least 75% of eligible employees must enroll
- Employees with other coverage through a spouse/parent, government program or individual policy are excluded
- Employers must also have a 125 Premium Only Plan
If you are a sole proprietor, options for coverage through a marketplace are available at Healthcare.gov.
Avenue H is no longer an option for new and renewing groups with coverage effective on or after January 1, 2018. Check with your local carrier or Healthcare.gov for coverage options available in your area.