Producer Registration Process
Producers are an integral part of the insurance market. Producers help find the best plan that best suits the needs of their clients. Avenue H utilizes Producers to help educate the business community and their employees about the benefits of the defined contribution marketplace.
In order to register with Avenue H, Producers will need to do the following:
Utah Code Annotated 31A-30-209 was modified during the 2011 General Legislative Session by HB128, HealthReform Amendments. The changes to Utah code clarify the requirements that insurers and their producers must observe to sell products through Avenue H.
- A Producer is required to have an individual producer license which indicates they can sell health insurance in the state of Utah.
This is completed through the Utah Insurance Department. For additional information, please see www.insurance.utah.gov.
- Producer must have a direct individual appointment with all carriers that offer a defined contribution arrangement on Avenue H.
Currently this includes appointments with SelectHealth, United HealthCare, and Regence.
- Producer must complete defined contribution market training that includes training on premium assistance.
Classes are offered by OCHS as approved by Utah Department of Insurance. Courses are free of charge. Producers are able to earn 3 hours of CE credit for attending the courses. Registration can be completed from this website.
In addition to legislative requirements, to get started, the following administration steps are required:
- Certifi pays the agent compensation for Avenue H, as such, it is important that you register with Certifi in order to receive your compensation. In addition, Certifi's Broker ID number is required at the time of Agent Setup. Registration can be completed on Certifi's broker site.
Once a producer has met all of the legislative requirements, they will display on the Utah Department of Insurance's Agent Search - Authorized Version that is available to Small Employers looking for a producer on the Avenue H website. If you, as a producer, are not displaying, you can visit Agent Search - All Agents to confirm status.
Quoting on Avenue H
On August 2011 OCHS began the implementation of a more streamlined approach to the quoting process. This new approach provides producers with a simple interface for application gathering and workflow quoting with the Exchange carriers.
Getting Started: To initiate a site creation, producers must first sign-up for a brief training session with our new application tecnhology partner, eHealthApp. Producers, please SUBMIT request for training and eHealthApp will contact you directly to schedule.
Once the course requirements have been completed, a producer will have the ability to quote a group on Avenue H.
2013 Initial Small Employer Enrollment Time Line
The Avenue H time line is approximately 60 days beginning with the date applications are submitted for quoting with the carriers up through the date the health plans become effective for the employer group. Below are some key dates producers should be aware of.
- Employer groups with an April 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications were accepted through February 1st. Enrollment for April groups is now closed.
- Employer groups with a May 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications were accepted through March 1st. Enrollment for May groups is now closed.
- Employer groups with a June 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications were accepted through April 1st. Employee health applications must be signed and submitted after mid April but prior to the end of day on April 1st. Rates should be available on or shortly after April 15th. Enrollment for June groups begins on April 25th and runs through May 9th.
- Employer groups with a July 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications were accepted through May 1st. Employee health applications must be signed and submitted after mid April but prior to the end of day on May 1st. Rates should be available on or shortly after May 13th. Enrollment for July groups begins on May 24th and runs through June 7th.
- Employer groups with a August 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications will be accepted through June 1st. Employee health applications must be signed and submitted after mid May but prior to the end of day on June 1st. Rates should be availabe on or shortly after June 12th. Enrollment for August groups begins on June 24th and runs through July 9th.
- Employer groups with a September 1st Benefit Effective Date - Employer applications will be accepted through July 1st. Employee health applications must be signed and submitted after mid June but prior to the end of day on July 1st. Rates should be availabe on or shortly after July 15th. Enrollment for September groups begins on July 29th and ends on August 9th.
2013 renewals are currently underway. Producers, with groups with upcoming renewal dates, will recieve an email notification from Avenue H approximately four months prior to the group's anniversary date. The notification will receive renewal instructions. If producers have any questions related to the renewal process, please contact the Avenue H call center at 877-213-1993.
Domestic partners will be available as an option starting with Jan. 1, 2013 effective date groups. Employers who wish to offer domestic partner coverage must elect to offer it on eHealthApp. Employees who choose domestic partner coverage must then sign an affadavit as required by our partner carriers, and will be required to supply supporting documentation.
- Affidavit of Domestic Partnership — PDF Version
- Refer to frequently asked questions to review list of questions we are asked most often. Corresponding responses have been included.
- Producers can register for upcoming Avenue H courses by visiting our training site.
- The Avenue H Call Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Our telephone number is 877-213-1993
- Upon completing an Avenue H training course, brokers will automatically receive our Producer / Agent Communication Newsletters to keep them "in the know." As reference, here is the latest copy of our newsletter.
- An Open Forum project call is held on the second Wednesday of each month. The conference call is available to the public and brokers are welcome to join. As reference, here is the latest copy of minutes from our last Open Forum Meeting.
- Avenue H has introduced eHealthApp as their vendor partner, responsible for application processing. Training is now available to Producers ONLY for the rollout of our new application service process flow with eHealthApp. To signup please SUBMIT your request.
- Groups renewing with Avenue H for the 2012 or 2013 plan year will be requested to supply employee counts for the carriers. They will be directed to the following link.
- Effective July 1, 2012, the underwriting workflow changed. Here is a link to the latest Underwriting & Risk Rating Workflow for Portal Eligible Brokers.
- Avenue H will be offering early contract renewals for December 2013. If you have a group who would like to renew in December to postpone modified community rating for a year, please fill out this brief form.